If you have any questions, comments, queries, accusations, proposals, or propositions, please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick Kozak is an artist educator based in New York. He attended the State University of New York at New Paltz, where he studied Art History and Art Education. Later, he completed a Masters at New York University in Arts Education, where he also teaches. He has been a New York City public school teacher for nine years at Hunter Science High School, focusing on Art History and general awesomeness. In addition to his social sculptures, he is currently developing a body of work related to living in the Anthropocene. More than often he makes food for people. Also, he makes art.
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
2018 – Educator in Residence, Art21
2017 – Studio in the Park Residency, Queens Museum and ArtBuilt
2016 – Art21 Educator
2015 - No Longer Empty 5-Year Benefit Honoree
2012 - Global Research Initiatives Fellow, NYU
ARTIST EDUCATOR- MANHATTAN HUNTER SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL 2009-PRESENT
· Conducts between 5-10 Field Trips annually to NYC institutions, received a grant to further extend those trips outside of NYC institutions for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Collaborates with a major institution each school year. 2017: Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum; 2016: National Park Service; 2015: Art21; 2014: School Construction Authority of NYC.
· Additional roles as Advisor for student clubs, Union representation, and School Leadership Team
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF ART EDUCATION, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY 2004-2009
· Developed curriculum for graduate students currently student teaching in NYC public schools.
· Prepared graduate students for Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)
· Worked collaboratively with professors Jess Hamlin and Dipti Desai.
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Volunteer Museum Educator 2009-2011
· Created engaging tours for visitors of all ages on rotating exhibitions and the permanent collection.
· Attended regular workshops and lectures for rotating exhibitions.
· Developed public programs with Senior Education Manager, Georgia Krantz.
Dia: Beacon, Museum Docent - Beacon, NY and North Adams, MA 2004-2009
· Created engaging tours for adults on rotating exhibitions and the permanent collection.
· Created specialized tours for grades 9-12 rooted in inquiry methodology.
Sol Lewitt, Professional Drafter - Beacon, NY and North Adams, MA 2006-2008
· Worked closely with other drafters in the creation of numerous wall drawings in a variety of media (graphite, crayon, paint).
· Co-curated an exhibition in a MassMoCA satellite gallery with Denise Markonish.
Shane English School, Educator, (grades k-6) Yuanlin, Taiwan 2006-2007
· Developed lessons for students learning English as a Second Language
· Organized a group exhibition of artwork at the Kaleidoscope Gallery.
New York University, New York, NY 2012
Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
Master of Arts in Art Education
State University of New York, New Paltz, NY 2006
Bachelor of Arts in Art History
Bachelor of Science in Art Education